- 400g boiled or canned chickpeas (14 oz.)
- 3 tbsps tahini
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 tbsps virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsps low fat natural yogurt or Greek yogurt
- a pinch of paprika for garnish
- For his homemade hummus recipe, add the tahini and lemon juice into a your blender and pulse for about 1 minute, until thick and light in colour. Then add the chickpeas and pause.
- Add the garlic cloves and pour in the olive oil a little bit at a time, whilst pulsing. Blend until the oil is incorporated and the hummus mixture is smooth or coarsely pureed, depending on your preference.
- Season with salt and cumin and add in 1-2 tbsps yogurt, if the hummus is too thick. Pulse for 1 more minute and add a little water.
Taste and adjust the recipe to your liking.